martedì 28 agosto 2018

The culture behind a Megazord: the complete list


Welcome back to my blog.
Last Spring, I wrote my final “The culture behind a Megazord”, and I started wondering if that was going to be the end of my tokusatsu-themed article, as I have, for the most part, moved on from that genre. After five years, in fact, I simply figured out I was done with Rangers, Sentai, Riders and so on.
Okay, not totally done, because I still listen to some soundtracks and take some inspiration from them when I write, but I actually stopped watching tokusatsu and following its world (if I know some of the things that have happened, it is just because, sometimes, I’m curious about what are those I used to follow going).
However, as I finished, I considered making at least two final posts: one for the 25th anniversary of Power Rangers on August, 28th, and a definitive list of all the posts in December.
The anniversary post did not happen, alongside other article ideas that I had every now and then (like a post concerning the World Cup, or something for the Gridman and Ultraman animated shows that are coming on Netflix), but I figured out I didn’t actually want to write them, so I simply stopped.
Yet, I think I at least owe one final article to this series, as it gave me so much in the last years, and I don’t talk only about this blog.
Therefore, I looked in the blog’s archive and I did two things:
1)    Looked at tokusatsu-related posts that have never been included in the series, most notably the posts I made in 2014, including my first ever article written in English. No, not just my first tokusatsu article: I talk about my first overall article made in another language. Then, I retconned them into being part of it, which means that, now, those posts that have not been included by now will almost certainly never be included here;
2)    Made one final document to include all the posts, which are actually 528. Then, I colour coded them just so it would at least be a bit clear what’s the topic, if the title doesn’t reveal it, and grouped all the same colours together;
I have spent the entire afternoon on this, and I forgot how it felt like to spend hours and hours on a tokusatsu post.
I will now show you all the links, always being thankful of all the support and following I have had in those years.
Do not worry, I haven’t stopped writing them out of anger or anything: it’s just that, sometimes, there are things that suddenly stop being part of your life, even if they were a good portion of it before.
Don't be sad because I have to say goodbye. Be glad that we got to meet in the first place (Orion, Super Megaforce Silver)
Now, here is the list, and, at the bottom of the post, I’ll say one definitive goodbye to “The culture behind a Megazord”.
COLOUR NOTES
CYAN: Personal opinions, criticisms and suggestions
RED: Discussing about Power Rangers (including comparisons with Super Sentai)
GREEN: “behind the scenes” and personal stuff (note 1)
PURPLE: external links (note 2)
BLACK: “What if?”
YELLOW: Megazord discussion (aka when the title of the series was literal)
BLUE: Super Sentai
SILVER: Toei Universe and other tokusatsu
1 some of these posts may have non-updated or incongruent data because I either wrote them before retconning the series or I decided to keep them that way, even though I may say information and suppositions of things that have now happened.
2 many of the links are now “dead”, but I wanted to keep the articles in the list because I want all the articles that have been part of it to be included in this list.  


Thank you, “The culture behind a Megazord”, for showing me how it feels like to write with effort and passion for years about something you really like, without caring about receiving anything in return.
Thank you, “The culture behind a Megazord”, for all the time I have spent with you. I may have not liked some of the posts I made, but I never regretted spending hours on them.
Thank you, “The culture behind a Megazord”, for being something more than just a series of articles about superheroes, and for actually being something I will always look back with a smile on my face.
Thank you, “The culture behind a Megazord”, and may the power protect you.
And now, readers who have followed me for years, thank you so much, and I hope that your passion and dedication will be moved forward to tokusatsu and to other content creators who would definitely be happy to positively contribute to this morphenomenal community.
This is definitely the end.
See you, next time, here, on the Empty Blog!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento